Red carpet experience?!

09:29

Whoa... Up on cloud nine right now and not dropping anytime soon!

Last night was my first red carpet premiere for my first feature film and that still hasn't fully sank in! How crazy is that?!

Between the interviews, the photos, the autographs and film- it was an incredible night (You can watch my vlog of it all here). But the thing that struck me is peoples' repeated kindness. All night people were approaching us, talking of how we inspired them, how they enjoyed the performances and asking for photos. I had to stop myself looking behind to see if they were talking to someone else.

It's crazy to think that a week ago I was at home, now I'm sat in LA, having people tell me I inspire them and that really puts things into perspective for me. Being British, I think we're very quick to sell ourselves short, underplay our talents in a bid to not disappoint. This is the first time in this whole experience where I've sat there and thought 'Yeah, well done me'- not in an arrogant way, just an acknowledgment of this experience, and reaching this point.

In fact, I think I'm going to treat myself to a dress I've had my eye on as a little present to myself to act as a reminder that it is possible, and we can make things happen.

There's a common belief in the acting world that doors are shut, it's hard to get into and it's dog eat dog. Some people believe that's life. From the kindness I experienced from people last night, I don't believe that's true, and I personally will take away from this experience that a moment of your time for someone else is nothing, but can mean a lot to them- It's all relative- we can all help each other out and if you help others, they'll be keener to help you :)

A friend once told me I have a green hippy brain- absolutely loved that but what I'm trying to say (in a poor round about way) is spread the love! Who's to say that your neighbour who needs a hand moving stuff doesn't know someone who can help you further your career? Apparently it's like 6 degrees of separation between you and anyone in the world- so you know someone who knows someone x6 who knows Brad Pitt. It's a small world- take advantage of that :D

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook