Be you- everyone else is already taken

19:32

Okay so after bombarding you all with vlogs & blogs galore (I will not fall behind again, honest!!) I've taken a reflective, 'breathe' approach to todays blog.

LA is so superficial. I'm not judging, I'm not disliking it, it's merely an observation. If you've managed to avoid my vlogs you won't know that I went to 'Melrose Avenue' today and had a little look around some shops and tried on some clothes (come on, show me a girl who wouldn't?). Suddenly, getting caught up in the LA lifestyle, I'm in a $600 dress that I'd probably never wear through fear of ruining it, justifying me buying it. Whoaaaaaa, slow down.

I realised just how easy it is to jump on the bandwagon here, pick up designer labels, and feel a need to be a part of it all. Don't get me wrong it was a gorgeous dress, and I really liked it, but knowing me I'd never wear it as I'd be pulling at it constantly, looking awkward and self concious. It just wasn't me.

So this post is short and sweet, be true to you- I'm happy strolling into designer shops in my Topshop maxi dress with my hair all scruffy with my primark sandals on because that's me. That's when I'm at my happiest, without the pressure to always look coordinated (Hats off to those who can do this effortlessly & always look incredible- know so many of these people and it's just not a talent I posess).

One of my favourite quotes is 'I'm unique... just like everyone else'. Just remember you can't please all of the people all of the time, and sometimes not even some of the people some of the time, just do your thing & be you :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook