Behind the scenes

09:02

So first week of new blog layout is dedicated to the acting part of my life, and in particular, what it's like on a set.


Okay so in my experience, there is no one size fits all. Every set is completely different because you're working with different crews, different casts and so there's different 'rules' and dynamics- Which I personally think is such a perk to my job- I mean no two days are the same right?! How cool is that?!






Call Sheet
So your rough guide to your day is your call sheet- usually outlining your call time for make up, pick up times, and call time for filming- this is like your schedule (as well as everyone else), and although this almost always changes, gives you an idea of how your day's set out, and when you can roughly get a taste of that on set catering (Obviously a huge perk!).







Make up
Sticking to this, depending on the project budget, you get picked up, and taken to the land of hair and make up where they work wonders on your 'just literally rolled of of bed' hair and face- especially on early call times! I tend to turn up armed with some form of coffee in these cases!







Green room 
Then after, you are taken off to set. Usually they have a form of 'green room', which is basically a waiting area before you have your scene filmed. This comes again in many forms- whether it's a marquee on the side of a mountain, or a literal room, this is your 'home' on set when you're not filming.








You get called to set and do your scene.

The basic structure of your day is that and everything outside of it is completely different. As you can tell this is the briefest of brief and most general description imaginable- it's such a diverse job!




Whether on a low budget set or a higher budgeted one, the one thing that makes my job so enjoyable to me is the likeness in mindset amongst cast, and crew. Everyone is there to bring their A-game, to make the project the best it can possibly be, and sometimes the intensity of this can create a amazing feeling of family very quickly with those you're working with. I am so grateful to meet the people I've met- I have friends who I know I'll rarely see, but when we cross paths again it's like no time has passed. Being surrounded by people who have the same passion fas me is incredible humbling and inspiring, and I look forward to every time I get to do it again, meet a new group of people, or even working with a group again.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook