Amazingness and control

14:22

                                                                          Hey!




So I've been out of touch for a while- I tend to prefer blogs when people have something to say- you know?



Okay so I'm currently in the middle of shooting a TV pilot which means I'm between countries and amazing locations and life is pretty awesome.




Cue the point of this entry... So when I was younger I really struggled with body image and eating habits as I'm pretty sure the majority of our society does at some point. And from that I've learned that I have to let go of that when shooting or away as I can't control when or what I eat 100% of the time... still learning.

Everyone on set is amazing and bend over backwards to ensure that I have stuff I can eat (I also have a gluten intolerance). This post is more me expressing my journey to mental well being.



 I'm currently rereading a book (and plan to do so multiple more times for the rest of my life) that I've mentioned before in a blog post called 'Creating a bug free mind'. It basically teaches you to let go of our society taught pressures and worries and relearn to live in your now and your present.




These last few weeks shooting have really honed that for me, I'm currently learning to let go of the guilt I usually feel when I have missed countless gym sessions and eaten odd foods at odd times because of the basic fact that I'm working and doing something that I really truly love to do which means that at times I may be working odd hours and my usual go to foods can't come with me on the flight. Hey, that's okay (See? learning ;) )

My point is I almost let myself become overwhelmed with my food control and body image and almost completely missed this incredible filming experience that I strived for and worked for that is happening right under my nose!!!


So today's message is (in my Mum's very wise words), be kind to you. Don't miss your now because you're stressing about things you 'should' be doing. Have a lay in every once in a while, sit and watch the world go by or pick up your hobby for a bit. Remember we work to live, don't live to work- treat yourself and stop to smell the roses. Be on your side and don't beat yourself up- from personal experience it's much better when you are your own side...



                                                                      Stay happy :)

                                                                       Makenna x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook