I have no idea....

11:07

...what I'm doing.     

Okay.... hands up who can say this?

Now hands up who's slightly afraid to admit this?

*Cue 'Mean Girls' moment where pretty much everyone puts their hands up both times and awkwardly laughs about it*



I'm just reminding you all that it's okay!

I'm a massive perfectionist (like most of us), and always struggled with the idea of doing something 'wrong' or looking stupid because I don't know what I'm doing. As an actress I learnt pretty quickly that there's no room for that awkward 'I don't want to look stupid' dance that we all seem to do. Wanting feedback but don't want to do things 'wrong'? How can you improve if you don't show off those flaws to someone to get that feedback to change it? Madness. Reality check- no one knows what they're doing 100% of the time all the time *Slight nod to Anchorman quote there*

And if they did, imagine how boring that would be? Imagine you could do everything, ever, always... You'd lose that sense of progress, achievement, determination to get better- and reaching that goal. What would you strive for? What would be your goals? How would you find motivation to do stuff if it all came so easy to you?

Sometimes we (well I know I used to), get caught up in wanting to be at our goal, wanting to be perfect at everything, not wanting to make mistakes, and today I'm asking you why? Isn't life so much more fun when you can live and learn and laugh at your mistakes?

Makenna x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook