My New Year Resolution... and all that

04:27

Hey!

Happy slightly delayed New Year- it's been a gooden, sharing it with family, friends, party poppers you know the drill. And now we come to settling back into the swing of things, and that impending feeling of pressure begins to mount. We've all posted 'This year is my year', so now it's on, we've publicly stated we're moving forward and made ourselves accountable.

But didn't we all say that last year... the year before... oh... what if I have to say it again next year... Hello doubt. NO, STOP.

Why do we feel the need to make massive leaps and bounds and set unrealistic goals for ourselves only to doubt it and then beat ourselves up for not becoming a multi million pound writer or creative or the worlds strongest person over night. Then this makes us lose steam and figure it's okay.

Enough is enough (For me anyway). This year I am motivated, I am driven, and I am setting big goals, but I am focussing on one foot in front of the other, on the journey (Because after all 'the journey is the reward'). Yes, there will be slow times, yes there will be amazing feet off the ground times, but I'm going to take it as it comes, keep plodding forward in the direction I want to go and 'keep my eyes on my own paper'.

So my New Years Resolution is this: Be present, make decisions that take me in the direction I want to go and put one foot forward in front of the other- after all, isn't that how people climb Everest?

Let me know some of your resolutions!

Makenna x



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook